Friday, July 31, 2009

CUTE CARD THURSDAY CHALLENGE #71


I was too excited to do this challenge. I just got this new card die cut for my Accucut and just knew I had to use it right away. I've seen several really cool cards using either this card shape or some other brand of die cut with a similar shape so I had to have it! Here is what I came up with... The challenge over at www.cutecardthursday.blogspot this week is called "Let's get fruity". I have the Cricut Hello Kitty cartridge and there is a really cute strawberry and these cherries. I tried the strawberry and it just wasn't right so the cherries won. I used kraft paper from Hobby Lobby, and the background stamp, used for the stamp of  month card over at CHF, for the texture look on the card front.  The corrugated piece is recycled from a package I got this week, ribbon is from Michael's, verse stamp is from Magnolia's and finally I used a Galaxy white pen to make the dots on the top. I am thinking I may just have to put this in one of my future classes for the girls to make they might just like this one. Hope you enjoy it and wish me luck maybe I will win the challenge. 

1 comment:

  1. Love the red with Kraft! Clever recycling for that textured band- it looks great.

    ReplyDelete