Thursday, January 05, 2012

Artist Resolutions

I read this list written by Alyson B Stanfield and decided it was something I needed to take a serious look at. Although, Steve and I had decided NOT to make New Year's Resolutions and just live the life God has already planned for us, this really struck a nerve with me and I decided to print it out and frame it for the "wall of Art" in my studio. Of course, my goal is to take it to heart and put in place what this list suggests. I figured it's okay to start on the 5th since I missed the 1st LOL I think it's pretty stinkin' cool.
Artist Resolutions
RESOLVE to try a different color.
RESOLVE to experiment with a new media.
RESOLVE to take a class, read another book, watch an art documentary.
RESOLVE to expand my knowledge of art.
RESOLVE to share my art with more people.RESOLVE to write more about my art.
RESOLVE to find my own path.
RESOLVE to stop whining about not having enough time.
RESOLVE to say No to those things that are not important to me or that get in the way of what I want to be.
RESOLVE to stop fiddle-farting around on the Internet or with the TV remote control and start dedicating myself 100% to my life’s work.
RESOLVE to stop playing it safe.RESOLVE to take risks.

No comments:

Post a Comment