Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Cricut Card and Verses

Good Morning! It's hump day.... Today I get to do that thing we girls love to do...yearly mammogram... Don't forget to get yours!!
I wanted to share the first card I did using Gypsy. I am on the Design team for Verses Rubber Stamps and submitted this for their Stamp of the Month series, but they didn't choose this one, so I thought I would share it with you. I watched a video scrapbookinggrandma did on cricut.com and followed her steps. The only thing I haven't figured out yet is why I had to program 9 inches when I wanted 8 1/2. This is sized to be an "A2" sized card. I learned that using the width and height along with taking off the ratio link icon you can size the card. I think I'm really going to like my Gypsy the more I use it. Hop over to Cricut.com and check out all the helpful hints the girls share. The snowflakes are cut and I backed it with silver metallic cardstock. I also cuttlebugged the background, of course, and the Verse is from Verses Rubber Stamps. Hope you enjoy your day. Oh yeah I wanted to send out a special thank you to Kristen B, she was in my first Cuttlebug Mania Class at Hobby Lobby and went home and made me the coolest Halloween card, I'll scan it tonight and share it with all of you, it is really cool! I was so blessed that she did such a thoughtful thing.
I forgot I wanted to get some feedback on an idea for upcoming Cricut Scrapbooking. I'm designing a series of classes to start after the first of the year, where I'll pick two cartridges, design 2 -12x12 pages, each using several different function keys, and have everyone bring their own Cricut Expression. (or they could share with a friend) The idea will be to learn "hands on" how more of the functions work. I would also make the class longer. What do you think? Please send me your comments on this and any and all ideas that would make this a better class. I want to offer the best class I can. I am also considering having a "marathon Cricut day" in the spring. thanks for sharing your ideas. have a great day

No comments:

Post a Comment