Sunday, August 02, 2009

It's Sunday


Today is the debue of Mrs. Boppins and Mr. Zedi at The Bridge, our new church home. We are looking forward to this and I will share some of the craft ideas I use for the children over time. 
Now, for the project of the day. I watched a video sometime back and a guy was showing how to make a pin using grunge board from Ranger. So, I gave it a try. I used my Sizzix dies for the butterfly and the key and cut it out of grunge board. Then I used paint daubers and painted it teal. I then used the swirls embossing folder from Cuttlebug and ran just the butterfly through and highlighted that with distress ink and distress stickles. I messed up the top of the key so I wrapped a bit of twine around it, connected it to the butterfly using brads, glued a pin clasp on the back and called it a "Pin". I wear this on my apron when I teach and get a lot of comments. Give grunge board a try it is so versatile you can use in on cards,  in scrapbooking and altered art. They even have 12x12 pieces out, which is awesome for scrapbook pages. I am going to make sure each grandchild gets a page using it. That has always been a goal of mine to use new products on pages for them so that it also keeps a journal, sort of speak, of the journey of my crafting. Well, off to Praise God! have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment