Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Tool Time Tuesday


Another day, another card. This one was inspired by one of my many visits to my favorite craft store-- Home Depot! that's right Home Depot. I find the coolest stuff there. Steve has warned me NOT TO TURN HIS HOME DEPOT INTO A CRAFT STORE... well, too late. I went in there Saturday morning and they have signs posted all over for their gift cards for Father's Day. And they used duct tape as the background. well... my son Justin always says, "Mom don't try to
re-invent art someone already has." and he is right if we look throughout history we can find elements of art repeated a lot. SO.. here is what I came up with using duct tape as my background. I used the Quickutz 2x2 diecuts for the hammer and screw driver, the Cuttlekid (tool of the day) to cut them, Stampin"Up Father's Day stamp, black brads from Making Memories and the letter brads I can't remember (sorry!). Now, don't tell Steve this is on the blog I am using it for his card on Father's Day, even though he's not my dad, he is the greatest dad... just ask his sons. Now, get out there in the garage and find your husband's duct tape and have at it!!!! later..

2 comments:

  1. Really like this! I think father day cards are hard to make and find. Great card!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thing I'm getting a card just like this!!

    ReplyDelete