Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Collage Monday on Tuesday..

I wanted to share my take on Donna Downey's Collage Monday piece. I just love her work and check out her blog every Monday and Wednesday for her mixed media creations. Monday she does a collage and Wednesday she does a video called Inspiration Wednesday. I LOVE them both! So, here's what I came up with for my Monday collage. I cut the flower thingy out of a cereal box using my Cricut. I covered my page with some kraft paper from a giant roll I bought to use for table coverings when the grandkids color or paint. I then went to town painting, inking and taping. The bird is from an Echo Park scrapbook pad I got yesterday at Hobby Lobby for 1/2 off! I like the way it turned out.
I have a card started on my desk using some of that same kraft paper. 'llI share that when I get it finished. This is the coolest thing, the techniques I'm learning in the mixed media can be used in my card making and scrap booking. I just love when I can use my goodies more ways than one! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment