Saturday, May 22, 2010

H20's and Cuttlebug


I was messing around with my watercolors and decided to do a technique I had seen somewhere several years ago. You would paint your watercolors directly onto the stamp and quickly stamp it on the paper. I used the Peerless Water Colors, you could probably use any water colors. I purchased these at Stamp Your Art Out, here in Cincinnati (513-793-4558) and if you can't find them in your area they do ship.
Next I heat set it a little, stamped the verse on there which is from www.versesrubberstamps.com mounted it on contrasting cardstock. Then I used the Birds in Flight, Cuttlebug embossing folder on the front of my card based. Attached the verse, added a touch of ribbon and called it a "card".
There is another technique using your ink pads directly on the stamp and spritzing it a little with water. Tim Holtz does this a lot using his Distress Inks and that is really cool too. He has a video out ( been out for quite some time) that shows a lot of techniques. I've watched it many times and always get inspired to try another technique, even though I've done it in the past. Videos are my quick way to get inspired.
Have a great weekend! Hopefully we'll hear the winners at www.Cri-kits.com tomorrow! Keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment