Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Pink Elephant Challenge # 32

Well, as promised here's my submission to Challenge #32 over at http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/ . The theme is "back to school" I had this great idea and would've been great, but I made a mistake. NO really I did .. ha ha I first cut the arrow out of chipboard, using the "Going Places" Cricut cartridge. I covered it with that terrific tacky orange tape, put 10 Second Studios black metal on it. I then pulled out the their alphabet embossing plate and ran it through the Cuttlebug. Here comes the mistake, not thinking I forgot to flip it over and the letters were all backwards.. bummer..... So, I used the black roller and rubbed out as much as I could and ran it through the right way. Now, the letters did not show up like I wanted in fact I don't think you can even tell it is letters, but it was late and I didn't want to start over, I used a sanding block from Harbor Freight store and sanded off some of the black to give it more texture. I then CB the red card stock using the Numbers folder and highlighted it with Memories white ink. Printed out the "back to school" on the computer and Wah'La'.. My thought was since it's a school thing numbers and letters were the perfect backdrop. But, I have to stick to what I preach,"there are no mistakes in art!" Hope you have a great day.
Oh yeah!! I have now made over 200 cards, 6 candles and 4- 12x12 scrapbook pages ready for the craft show. Watch out craft show people here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment